Title IX: TCU’s AA/EEO/Title IX Office works with appropriate departments within the TCU community to provide a safe and supportive environment for students, staff, and faculty who are seeking advice and/or assistance if they have experienced sexual harassment, sexual battery, sexual assault, or rape. The office also assists TCU students, staff, and faculty with filing an informal or formal complaint based on Title IX violations. Additionally, this office revisits and revises its current policies to remain in compliance with the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Furthermore, the AA/EEO/Title IX office conducts trainings for students, faculty and staff throughout the year to educate the TCU community regarding Title IX issues.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The AA/EEO/Title IX Office works to enforce TCU’s discrimination policies and procedures as stated in the faculty, staff, and students’ handbooks. These policies and procedures are in accordance with federal mandates, including the Office of Civil Rights (OCR), Department of Labor (DOL), and the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
Affirmative Action: The AA/EEO/Title IX office works to prevent employment discrimination of TCU employees as well as conducts outreach efforts to promote the hiring of protected groups (i.e., women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities). Outreach efforts include reaching out to various organizations around the DFW Metroplex to establish ongoing partnerships with local businesses and organizations with TCU. The AA/EEO/Title IX office also offers trainings throughout the year to educate TCU employees in hiring and supervisory positions to prevent discrimination of prospective and current employees.
- Investigate discrimination, harassment (including sexual harassment), hostile work and learning environment, retaliation, and sexual misconduct complaints
- Monitor compliance with equal opportunity laws and policies
- Disseminate information and provide educational training about laws, policies, and best practices regarding equal opportunity, discrimination, harassment, disability, and retaliation and Title IX
- Monitor faculty recruitment and hiring
- Assist with developing the University Affirmative Action Plan
- Provide confidential advising to those who experienced discrimination at the University